Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 10...
The sunset today was probably the most inspirational setting I have experienced in years and it makes me ponder what life is going to be like tomorrow when I wake up in Barcelona. We saw land yesterday but that barely begins to be the tip of the iceberg of experiences in the days to come. I start off the day with a tour of two vineyards and then a Flamenco Dinner (If the timing works out). The rest of the week is planned out accordingly and hopefully I will find some time to find an Internet Café and upload pictures.

I have spent a lot of time talking to a girl from Arkansas and learning all about how different the state is from the rest of the United States. It’s an odd concept to me that a place so near can be so different. I also met a Bulgarian couple today who use to live in Pittsburgh, Reserve Township to be exact, and the husband did a lot of work in Hampton Township although I am not quite sure what type of work he did. They now reside near the University of Virginia. I am also proud to say that we have been traveling with a Spanish Knight who was knighted by the King for his dedication to the Spanish Culture and Literature. He will be getting off the ship and remaining in Barcelona.

As of this morning we have traveled 3,663 nautical miles since the Bahamas into the Mediterranean and are nearing land by the hour. Since we left we have scrapped 379 pounds of food. All of which I am sure is pasta and potatoes. I am ready for a change!!

Hopefully I can keep up with the updates but only time will tell. I thought this past week and a half was an adventure but it is only the beginning. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment